Dinaledi will be hosting the Winter Championship game on the 15-16 of June, 2018 at the Euphoria Golf Estate
As you are all aware, our major competition (Dinaledi Winter Championship) is scheduled for Friday, 15th and Saturday, 16th June 2018 in Modimolle, Mookgopong. It is therefore important to highlight and clarify the rules and format of this prestigious competition. In this two-day competition, all players play for Winter Champs trophy as well as OOM points (doubled the normal OOM points as it is played over 2 days).
Date: Friday, 15th June 2018
Course: Euphoria Golf Course
Tee- off time: From 10:00 (On both tees) – Both Days
About the Club
Euphoria golf course is a unique blend of bushveld golf with wide, undulating fairways, wild grassesand deep bunkers which gives it an inland links like feel. Aptly named Euphoria “the idyllic state of wellbeing “the course nestles in the foothills of the Waterberg Mountain Range 10 kilometers from Naboomspruit (Mookgophong). Eugene Marais, the renowned poet and naturalist wrote “where every morning from the highest cliffs, the eagle swiftly circles upwards to greet the sun blazing in the growing sky”
This unique and demanding golf course bears the signature of the world`s former number one lady golfer Annika Sorenstam. According to Annika “I designed the course the way I play the game where you have to think about every shot.” The course will favour the strategic player rather than the big hitters•. The detailed design work was undertaken by European Golf Design Company a London based joint venture company between the European P.G.A Tour and International Management Group. This is the first design by EGD in South Africa and Annika`s second signature golf course after Mission Hills in China.
Each of the 18 holes has four tee boxes of equal size suitably elevated to provide the player with a good view of the hole in play and with vistas over the estate and surrounding bushveld plains. This modern golf course is long measuring 7,055 meters off the white tees; 6,540 meters off the blue tees; 5,960 meters off the green tees and 5,145 meters off the front red tees.
Each hole is unique in its own right with several holes crossing a natural water ravine which runs through the property
Format & Rules of the WINTER CHAMPS Competition:
- The format will be medal for both days
- The winner of the Winter Club Champs is the Dinaledi player with the best net over two days.
- The OOM points are allocated at the end of two rounds.
- Pairings on the second day will be based on the first day results
- Country members are eligible to participate in the Winter Champs; however, they cannot get
the OOM points. In this case, the runner up (full DGS member) wins the OOM points.
• Points will be allocated on the following basis: Winner (no ties allowed, as the winner has to be declared by count out) =1000 points, second place=750 points, third place=625, fourth place=525, fifth=450, sixth place=400, 7th place=380, 8th place=360, 9th place= 340 and 10th place gets 320 points. Thereafter, points will drop by 20 points until a minimum of 100 points. A minimum of 100 points will be made available to all participants.
- If the visitor wins (best net) he/she only gets a prize not a trophy. Then the best positioned (DGS member) wins the Winter Championship trophy
- In case of count-out, player with lower handicap will win, when handicaps are equal, the player with better score on stroke 1 is the winner, if tied then stroke, 2 , 3,… 18 is used for count out.
- Note the following:
- Speed up play
- Observe R&A golf rules and local rules, Please familiarize yourself with the local rules
- Please enter your score for day one before teeing off on the second day. Failure
means your day 2 handicap will be scratch
- Late for tee time – (See Dinaledi rules)
- Every player must shout the score after holing
- Write your name in full on the scorecard: eg. Sizo Khama
- The Captains of the fourballs have responsibility to:
o manage any issues that can arise
o record scores of all 4 players over and above players marking each other
o submit completed scores of their fourballs immediately after the game, DO NOT
TAKE THE SCORE CARD TO THE SHOWER PLEASE
DRAW: TO FOLLOW